• Saturday

    BUHARI CONGRATULATES YOUNG MAN WHO TREKKED FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA


    President-elect, General Muhammadu
    Buhari, yesterday received Suleimab
    Hashimu, the young man who trekked
     from
    Lagos to Abuja to celebrate the victory of
    the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the
    recently concluded presidential election.
    Buhari, who received Hashimu in Abuja,
    congratulated him for his achievement and
    courage.
    Buhari said: “I want to congratulate you for
    making it.  You are a young man and you
    are lucky that your health did not fail you.
    I heard many stories about you. I
    understand you wore many shoes. I also
    understand that there were many people
    who were generous to you.”
    Hashimu told the President-elect that he
    made a promise about two years ago to
    trek from Lagos to Abuja, if you emerged
    the winner in the presidential election.
    He said: “I made the promise because of
    the love I have for you.  I thank God that I
    made a promise and I fulfilled it”.
    He said it took him 18 days to trek from
    Lagos to Abuja, covering a distance of
    about 12 hours daily.
    He said: “I passed through Kwara and
    Niger states.  I was trekking from 6.00am to
    6.00pm everyday.
    “I made this promise two years ago. I am
    based in Ibadan and I started my journey
    from Lagos because Lagos is the most
    popular city in Nigeria and I started from
    the Berger Junction in Lagos. I’m not
    bothered about what the people say. I have
    made it.”