• Tuesday

    BUHARI HAS NO CERTIFICATE, SO HE IS NOT FIT FOR AN ELECTABLE LEADER Says Okupe


    The Senior Special Adviser to the
    President on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe,
    has said that he stands by his words that
    the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari,
    is not
    an electable leader.
    Many critics of the All Progressives
    Congress candidate, including the Ekiti
    State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, who, in
    the buildup to the March 28 presidential
    election, condemned Buhari, had
    subsequently apologised after he won
    the election.
    But Okupe, on Monday said he would
    stand by his words that Buhari, who he
    said had no West African Senior School
    Certificate, was not eligible to contest for
    President.
    He stated on his official Facebook page,
    “These are very interesting times in our
    nation. An election has come and gone. A
    victor has emerged and the loser has
    conceded.
    “Yet some of our folks are behaving as if
    we have just gone through a war between
    two hostile nations. The APC agents all
    over the place are unrelenting in their
    tirades of abuses, insults and lies against
    President Goodluck Jonathan, his aides
    and supporters.
    “It is shameful that we are still saddled
    with denying falsehood and fabrications
    in the social media and even by hitherto
    highly respected newspapers.
    “Missing $20bn found in an account in
    Zenith. PGEJ returns tons of dollars to
    federation accounts. N2tn spent on
    elections by PGEJ. Okupe says Chibok
    girls will not be found. How many lies,
    deliberate falsehood and evil
    propaganda, outright curses and attacks
    must we suffer just because we lost an
    election in which we were never
    disgraced?
    “Buhari polled 15m (56 per cent) while
    Jonathan scored 12m (46per cent).
    Those who talk to us disparagingly
    should respect the sentiments of the 12m
    Nigerians who voted for Jonathan.
    “Of course, we have our reservations
    about the results but we will pass on that
    for now. We have lost this election but
    this is not and can never be a crime. We
    are all Nigerians and having lost does
    not make us less. We should be allowed
    to bow out peacefully and
    constitutionally on the 29th of May.
    “Yes, I said Buhari was not electable. I
    also said his victory will not happen. I
    said and I still insist that Buhari has no
    WASC certificate. I said a lot of things to
    promote my candidate and many things
    to put his opponent down.
    “I have no regrets for any of the
    statements I made. Lai Mohammed said
    worse. This is the nature of politics. For
    anyone who cares to listen. We will be
    back, period.”