• Saturday

    I Will Not Appoint Any PDP Defector As Minister Says Buhari


    President-elect Muhammadu
    Buhari said the All Progressives
    Congress (APC) has
    nothing to
    fear over mass defection of
    Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
    members to the party.
    “I have no fears of PDP
    defectors,” he said in an
    interview in his Daura residence
    on Saturday.
    Buhari said the PDP chieftains
    will have very little influence in
    the APC government.
    He said APC has all the capacity to
    manage the large numbers of PDP
    defectors.
    “The people who are defecting
    will only have influence in their
    constituencies. Since their
    constituencies are now controlled
    by the APC their influence is
    therefore limited,” he said.
    Though the president-elect said
    only the party can handle the
    issue of defections, he said the
    PDP bigwigs will be wise enough
    not to jostle for positions in the
    new government.
    “I hope the people that are
    defecting will accept the fact that
    they are joining the people who
    succeeded. So, I don’t think they
    will just come and say they want
    to be ministers next month
    simply because they were
    ministers before,” he said.